Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A Peace Corps Reunion


This weekend Greg and I had a chance to meet up with Seth, an old Peace Corps friend. Seth and I were in the same group (Greg was a year ahead of us) and served as math teachers. We became good friends and shared many bicycling/mountain climbing adventures together. Greg lived about 20 miles from Seth and visited him and his sitemate, Marisol, frequently since they lived in a bigger village and had more amenities. Seth and his family recently moved to Williamsburg from Toronto. He is teaching at the college of William and Mary as a physics professor. We spent the afternoon catching up (hard to imagine it had been over 10 years) and comparing child stories (As you can tell, Seth has a daughter as well). We are very excited to have another volunteer nearby and look forward to many more gatherings.

1 comment:

Julie SB said...

I can practicaly read all of your lips and minds as you tried to get all the kids to look at the camera. Funny. I'm glad you got to see Seth again. Such a great guy.