In recent weeks I've had several people ask me how Sarah is doing, does she have teeth, is she sleeping, is she crawling, etc? I thought it would be best to go straight to the source and interview Sarah (Yes, I am slightly loopy in writing this due to lack of sleep. See sleeping question for more information).....
Interviewer: Thank you for sitting with us for the interview. There are so many people interested in your life that want to know what you are up to.
Sarah: No problem. I have plenty of time lately. I don't have a job, my parents feed and change me, and I don't like napping.
Interviewer: You mentioned napping, why don't you like it? What do you do when you don't want to nap?
Sarah: Napping is a waste of time. Plus, I get distracted easily by things happening around me. They say at daycare that I am more interested in what is going on outside the crib. I think I inherited my father's genes in needing less sleep. If I don't want to nap, I scream and cry. I can sit up now, so I can stare anyone passing by down. It is my plea to get out of my crib.
Interviewer: If you don't like napping, does that mean you sleep better at night?
Sarah: No, not really. I like to keep my parents on their toes at night. I may sleep a few nights really well, but then it is time for a change. For example, last night I woke up at 2am and cried until 4am. Mom seemed slightly upset and had to keep checking in on me because I like to move around my crib now and I occasionally get my limbs stuck in the bars. I realize that really gets her attention. I also like my "jail bird" move where I sit on my knees at the end closest to the door, grab the bars, and let out some really good screams. Mom thinks I am stuck, so she comes to check on me. I just love having her in the room. If only she would stay with me, I wouldn't have to go to such drastic measures.
Interviewer: So how much are you moving ?
Sarah: I started to crawl about 2 weeks ago. I am getting really strong and can go across rooms, into the kitchen, under my crib--you name it. Mom mentioned getting some baby gates. I don't know what that means, but it doesn't sound good.
Interviewer: Sounds like you are developing physically, what else are you doing?
Sarah: I am practicing standing. Right now I am in the classic yoga, 'down dog' phase. I can't seem to figure out how to pull myself up from there. I checked with some kids at daycare and they said I need to grab onto something, so I have to try that.
I also have two bottom teeth. I got my first one in March. It hurts when they are coming in and I tend to get fussy. Mom says I am prepping her for when I get older and have PMS. What is PMS?
I like to talk a lot. When I see my parents, I tell them all about what I did at daycare and what I want to do. They don't seem to respond much, which makes me frustrated. Maybe they don't understand me. They are trying to teach me sign language. I've figured out 'eat' and get real excited. I can't figure out how to make my hands do the signs, so for the moment, I am sign reader not a sign maker.
Interviewer: What are you eating these days?
Sarah: I eat everything. I have my regular formula, but I drink juice as well because I can get constipated. I can drink out of a sippy cup. I just started with Cheerios, but I not too good at picking them up. My parents found out that I like bread and give that to me when they go out because I can sit for long periods while eating it. I'll also try mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, apple sauce, and any other soft chunky items.
Interviewer: How big are you?
Sarah: As a girl, I really should be offended by that question. However, I am approximately 18 lbs. The doctor says my height and growth are in the 50% range for my age. I am just at the end of my six months clothes, which is appropriate because I will be 9 months next week.
Interviewer: Thank you for taking the time to tell us how you are doing.
Sarah: No problem. I love interviews or anything that has to do with people paying attention to me. I just don't like strangers at first. They make me shy.
3 comments:
She is a genius. I especially like this because today someone at school was trying to convince me it is time to have another. This has helped seal my resolve for yet another moment.
Yes, Sarah screamed again last night for over an hour. I found her clinging to the bars of her crib trying to look out her door again. It is funny how she immediately quiets down when she hears my door open. Luckily Greg is home this week and I could pass the baton to him. Fiesty little 9 month old.
Ahhh...we only have 26 more weeks of full nights' sleep. You'll have to check our blog once baby arrives. By that time Sarah will be sleeping peacefully through the night and you can relive the sleepless ones through us!
Post a Comment