The first weekend, Greg, Sarah and I went with friends of ours to the Richmond Grand Illumination. Each year the city lights up an area downtown with trees and reindeer (obviously fake). In addition, the companies in the area, outline their buildings in lights for the holiday season. They kick off the lighting ceremony with bands and activities. It was our first year attending and we've decided to go back again. The picture above is us at the event. Unfortunately, it does not do any justice to showing just how pretty it is.
The next week, I headed to western Virginia for our annual work conference. Greg was working, so his parents were nice enough to drive up and spend a few days watching Sarah. After they left, my parents arrived from Florida and stopped for the weekend. We went to my friend Violet's church on Saturday for a breakfast with Santa. If you've talked to me, you know my story about how I'll bring Sarah to see Santa when she asks me to do it. However, I figured this would be a way for her to watch what was going on and decide if she wanted to see him. While she did eventually sit on Santa's lap, she wasn't too thrilled and was more interested in making crafts after. My parents jumped in and helped her make a paper frame for her picture with Santa and ornaments.
Sarah making ornaments with my dad
My mom helps Sarah make a snowman
Sarah proud of her crafts!

As the weekend came to a close, Sarah and I got in the minivan with my parents and continued up the coast to MA. We stayed a week and had great visits with family and friends. We also got to see my brother's new house in Falmouth. Unfortunately, I was very negligent on that trip to take pictures.
As the weekend came to a close, Sarah and I got in the minivan with my parents and continued up the coast to MA. We stayed a week and had great visits with family and friends. We also got to see my brother's new house in Falmouth. Unfortunately, I was very negligent on that trip to take pictures.
Sarah and I flew back from MA a few days before Christmas to join back up with Greg and head to Northern Virginia to spend Christmas with his family. His sister and her family live up there now and his parents and brother drove up as well. It was a great day with kids and dogs everwhere!
Kelly and Lauren
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you for keeping up with the blog. It is one of my favorite things to look at on the web. Thanks for the super xmas gifts. I miss you and will call you soon.
Post a Comment