Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving


My parents came to town on Monday to spend Thanksgiving with us. I had scheduled to take the week off and work on miscellaneous projects around the house, so they had fun taking Sarah to various places (the zoo, the children's museum, and Maymont--a place with a small aquarium and animal area). Sarah had loads of fun and tired herself out each day with them.

On Thanksgiving day, we decided to decorate the tree. The next few weeks are going to be busy with work and an upcoming conference, so I thought it would be a great opportunity while my parents were in town. Sarah had fun decorating the tree and I am wondering if she'll understand what Christmas is this year.

Unfortunately, Greg was working, so he slept through most of the fun. Luckily they gave him Christmas off, so he'll be able to spend it with us. He looked at his schedule and for the next 3 years (he works every other week, so it is fairly easy to figure out is schedule), he is working Thanksgiving and Christmas. The fun of working retail. Sad for us :(

Mommy and Sarah decorate the tree.

Sarah helps Nanny


Sarah rests on Nanny's lap after a long day


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Sarah is a cutie pie! Hayden and I are hoping to get back east sometime soon and those pics of Richmond are really pretty! We now have two kids, Abe and Geneva. Hope all is well.
Best wishes for a wonderful 2009.
Emily Barrett (Childs) in Austin, TX