Between the bathroom renovation, Sarah and I made a quick trip up to Massachusetts for a long weekend to see everyone before baby number two arrives in December (yes, for anyone that reads this and doesn't know, I am 7 months pregnant as demonstrated in the photo above). We had a fun time. While the weather wasn't nice enough to enjoy the beach (there were remnants of a hurricane passing through), we did go to the beach to see the waves and watch the surfers enjoy the high winds. Sarah got to play with her cousin, Abigail who has grown so much since we last saw her in December.
Sarah watches the waves at the beach
My mom and Abigail
Sarah running all over the beach and letting everyone chase her
Sarah enjoys dressing up in play shoes at my friend Chom's birthday party for her children in Massachusetts
Aunt Melissa and cousin Abigail
While the bathroom renovation has taken up a good deal of our weekends for the last few weeks, we have had a chance to do a few things. A few weeks ago, we went to Field Days of the Past just about 20 minutes outside of the city. I was amazed at how country (OK, I'll say it --redneck) it was given the proximity to the city. Never had I seen so many confederate flags for sale. Still something I have not gotten used to living in the south. Regardless, we enjoyed the day, ate kettle corn, watched the pig races (this one included swimming as well), and petted the horses, goats, llamas, chickens, etc.
Lastly, Sarah got to see her friend Emma this weekend who is my friend Kat's daughter. Kat and I lived in Australia together when we did a semester abroad in college. We watched Emma so Kat and her husband could go out dinner together. Next weekend, Greg and I will get to have a nice night of dinner together as well. I am looking forward to a nice evening of good food! The next day, Sarah and I went with them to pick pumpkins and take a hayride (photo at the top). I think the girls had more fun running around together in the pumpkin patch than picking them.
Sarah and Emma dress up as princesses
1 comment:
You look awesome! Glad you are finding time to have fun between the work.
Post a Comment