Monday, March 16, 2009

Swimming Lessons

This weekend Sarah started swimming lessons. She was very excited about playing in the water, but soon had second thoughts when we arrived and had to actually go and play in it. After a little while though, she loosened up and started to enjoy the water. We're going to move back down a class to make it a bit easier. While we signed up for the correct age range (2-3 year olds), it appears that almost every child in the class had taken a prior swim class, so they were a bit more advanced than Sarah. We'll join the younger group next week and help her get used to water at a better pace.

The weather over the weekend was very rainy, which dampened our hopes of getting the yard work started. This year we plan to have a vegetable garden with lettuce, snow peas, tomatoes, and eggplant. Unfortunately with the bad weather, we were stuck inside. We improvised though and bought seeds to get started inside. Sarah and I planted some lettuce and flowers that she picked out for the back yard. We look forward to watching them grow in the coming weeks!

1 comment:

Julie SB said...

I love your gardens Wendy. When do you harvest...summer right. That's when I'll visit. Cause then I get yummy Wendy cooking too. Sarah looks great as do you.