
Each year the workforce development departments at the community colleges (in case you don't know, I work at the state level in coordinating these departments in the research area) in Virginia hold an annual conference at the Homestead in the western part of the state. The Homestead is a five star resort, which has hosted presidents (over 22 have stayed there), princes, and members of congress. We are fortunate to be able hold the conference there each year. This is mostly because the resort is not busy during the time we visit and one of our local community colleges provides all of their corporate training. The college also acts as a feeder for the majority of positions in culinary, landscape management, finance, and general hospitality positions. All of this adds up to very inexpensive nightly rates (a requirement for state employees). This year I was fortunate to get a wonderful suite with a beautiful living room and fireplace. They go all out on the decorations for the holidays, so I thought I would share a photo of the main lobby. There are grand wood burning fireplaces all along the left side and they serve afternoon high tea here. It really is a treat to go every year, despite the fact that I am busy most of the time presenting or providing assistance to the colleges.
No comments:
Post a Comment