Greg and I seemed to celebrate labor day in true spirit by "laboring" on the house. We decided to replace the last window in the house, which required more work than expected. It was the window over the kitchen sink. We ended up stripping all the paint off the window and connecting door. I have to give Greg most of the credit on this, since I was trying to keep Sarah occupied and clean the outside of the windows in the house.
We also killed off our lawn to help get rid of this wiry Bermuda grass in our backyard. It seemed counter-intuitive to kill the grass-particularly since we had just mowed it two days before. We hope this will help, but realize we have a lot of prep work to do to get the lawn ready for reseeding. The rejuvenation of the lawn was sparked by our meeting on Friday with a landscaper who did a drawing for our yard to help get it in shape. We are going to try to do it in phases, starting with the lawn and getting the back walk and patio (not porch-that's just fine) replaced. I think we'll look for help on the walk and patio and I look forward to watching someone else do it.
Despite all the house activity, we did relax a bit at a friend's barbecue. There were a lot of kids there and Sarah had a great time at the party.
We look forward to more cool fall weather (although it isn't in the forecast this week).
I like Slurpee's, but they're too cold to hold!
How do I look in my pretty dress?
I like to play ball.
I don't know how this washer game works. I just like the washers.
Hey-how you doin?
My new friend helps me walk across the lawn, since I'm still a bit unsteady on my feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment